How we manage your personal information
To be able to provide United Baristas services, programmes and activities we need to be able to both gather personal information and effectively communicate with you. How we gather and manage this information is dealt with here.
United Baristas is committed to Privacy
We have – and always will be – committed to personal privacy. Our values require us to put our users first and to be transparent about how we collect and use your information, to keep your information secure and to provide you with meaningful choices.
We may collect and combine information when you interact with United Baristas including:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect the information that you provide to us, such as:
• When you create an account with United Baristas. Please note, when you use our services, we may recognise you or your devices even if you are not actively signed in to our services. United Baristas may use device IDs, cookies, and other signals, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
• When you use our services to create listings, respond or communicate with others on United Baristas by posting, uploading or storing content such as copy, comments, photos, videos, emails, messaging and attachments.
• United Baristas analyses and stores all communications content, including email and message content from incoming and outgoing mail. This allows us to deliver, personalise and develop relevant features, content, advertising and services as well as provide increased security for our users.
• When you sign up for paid services, use services that require your financial information or complete transactions with us or our partners, we may collect your payment and billing information. United Baristas does not store debit or credit card details. If you opt to add a payment cards details to your account, this information is stored on Stripe’s or PayPal’s secure servers.
• Either in person or when you attend United Baristas events or are involved in our activities.
We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), including information about how you interact with our services and information that allows us to recognise and associate your activity across devices and services. This information includes device specific identifiers and information such as IP address, cookie information, mobile device and advertising identifiers, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings, and software data. We may recognise your devices to provide you with personalised experiences and advertising across the devices you use.
We collect location information from a variety of sources such as your IP address and when you opt to supply your location to use features on our services.
Information from Cookies and Other Technologies
We collect information when you access content, advertising, sites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products where United Baristas data collection technologies (such as web beacons, development tools, cookies and other technologies, etc.) are present. These data collection technologies allow us to understand your activity on and off our services and to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to partners.
This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser’s website, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
Information from Others
We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, such as:
• When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a third-party partner, such as Facebook, Google or Twitter
• From publicly-available sources
• From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings
When we obtain information from third-parties or other companies, such as those that use our services. This may include your activity on other sites and apps as well as information those third-parties provide to you or us.
Personal information you provide United Baristas is stored in databases on secure servers.
How We Use This Information
We are able to deliver, personalise, and improve our services by combining and using the information we have about you to understand how you use and interact with our services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in. We also may use the information we have about you for the following purposes:
• Provide, maintain, improve, and develop relevant features, content, and services.
• Analyse your content and other information (including emails, instant messages, posts photos, attachments, and other communications)
• Fulfil your requests and when authorised by you.
• Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising.
• Match and serve targeted advertising based on your device activity, inferred interests and location information
• Contact you with information about your account or with marketing messages, which you can also control
• Associate your activity across our services and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across United Baristas services together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID
• Carry out or support promotions
• Conduct research and support innovation
• Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third-parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our services and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or anonymised information.
• Provide location-based services, advertising, search results, and other content consistent with your location settings.
• Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful activity.
We provide you with controls to manage your experience with us. For example, you can review or edit your account information, manage your marketing preferences,
How We Share This Information
We do not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our customers with companies, organisations or individuals outside of United Baristas unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of United Baristas when we have your consent
Within Home Atelier
Information may also be shared within Home Atelier, including with other Home Atelier services and affiliates.
United Baristas is committed to only supply personal information to third parties that are GDPR compliant.
We may share your information with nonaffiliated companies who are:
• Trusted Partners, including United Baristas Store Partners. We provide user information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with United Baristas based on our directions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality measures to support our services or fulfil your instructions.
• Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or anonymous information, including demographic information, with partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed or report how many people undertook an action after seeing a promotion. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address) with these partners, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics, apps, or other companies.
For Legal and Other Purposes
We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Oath, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law.
If the ownership or control of all or part of United Baristas services changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Information Security and Data Retention
United Baristas has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorised access, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store.
Data Processing and Transfers
United Baristas may process information related to individuals in the EU/EEA and may transfer that information from the EU/EEA through various compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses. By using our services, you consent to us transferring information about you to these countries.
This policy was most recently updated on 25 May 2018.
Questions & Suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form.
United Baristas electronically communicates with users via transactional and marketing emails, service update emails and notification emails. You can update what emails you receive in our Email Communication Options.